We’d like you to get involved with us. If you’re not a member, please consider joining us; convenient links can found on the right. Members enjoy a variety of benefits directly as well as having the satisfaction of supporting our mission:
To promote the stewardship and conservation of Georgia’s native plants and their habitats through education and with the involvement of individuals and organizations.
If you’re already a member and would like to get more involved, we’ve got some ideas for you.
- Join one of our chapters! This is recently more relevant, with Atlanta area members now forming one or more new chapters.
- Attend one of our chapter meetings or activities, including those in other parts of the state. Most meetings have a speaker on an educational topic. Check our calendar for the next meeting in your area.
- Attend one of our plant rescues. Our volunteers work hard to get permission from developers so that our members can relocate plants in the path of development.
- Volunteer for one of our committees. We need people with all types of talents and abilities and extensive plant knowledge is not always required. We have administrative duties and our all-volunteer staff would love an extra pair of hands.
- Participate in one of our restoration workdays. Hands-on activities get you up close and personal with native plants and some of our most knowledgeable volunteers. You’ll be helping and learning at the same time. Check our site map for a spot near you and our calendar for the next workday.