North Metro Atlanta Chapter Annual Meeting
December 9 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
We invite you to join us for our annual meeting!
December 9th, 10:00 a.m. at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 10250 Haynes Bridge Rd, Johns Creek, GA 30022
The meeting will include:
- “Close Encounters of the Invasive Kind,” presented by Michael Cowan of ReForest ATL. Cowan will talk about the worst invasives his team encountered this year and native replacements. Cowan is a partner at ReForest ATL and former executive director at Dunwoody Nature Center. His work includes securing funding and engaging ReForest ATL for the restoration of 22-acres of park land by controlling encroachment of invasive plants.
- Plant sale provided by Amy Gilbert!
- Seed Swap
Bring native seeds and/or small plants to swap with members. Please label specimens with genus/species name (coin envelopes or plastic baggies work well for this).
- Vote on the board of directors for the coming term.
New directors to begin their first term January 1, 2024:
- Kerry DeFoe – Kerry is a Bartow Master Gardener Extension Volunteer and a Paulding Master Naturalist.
- Connie Ghosh – Connie is a long-time coordinator for our Heritage Park restoration project, volunteers at Cobb Parks’ Wright Center property, and owns a small landscaping business specializing in invasive removal and natives restoring.
Re-election of the following current directors to begin another (up to) 2-year term:
- Carling Kirk
- Dana Hallberg
- Lilly Vicens
Rolling off the board are Pat Carson and Renee Hood.
Join us to connect with like-minded people and learn what your local Georgia Native Plant Society Chapter accomplishes in the community each year. This is also a great first step in getting involved and providing input for the upcoming year of native plant sales, educational events, etc.
See you there!